Redistributions are used to adjust all payroll charges, including salary and benefits, made in previous periods. This includes both monthly and biweekly payroll charges.

  • These adjustments are reflected in the Labor Distribution Report in the month in which they are processed with the corresponding Pay Run ID of the pay period being adjusted.
  • The journal entries are also reflected in the Financial System in the month in which they are processed.
  • Paychecks for both monthly and biweekly employees are automatically available for redistribution once the payroll has processed.

Email any questions pertaining to redistributions to redistributions@ncsu.edu.

Frequently Asked Questions

Email any questions pertaining to redistributions to redistributions@ncsu.edu.

Always provide the following pertinent information when you call or e-mail:

  • Employee Name
  • Employee ID Number
  • Employee is Biweekly or Monthly
  • Pay Period(s) that need to be redistributed

Explain what type of problem you are having that is preventing you from performing the redistribution.

Redistributions affecting contract/grant (ledger 5) Project IDs must be prepared on a timely basis, but no later than 90 days after payroll charges post to the account. When a redistribution is entered into the system after the 90 day period (3 pay cycles for monthly employees and 6 pay cycles for bi-weekly employees) the user will receive a system-generated notification that the redistribution is out of compliance and requires additional justification and approval. The action status will remain ‘Pending’ in the system until the justification has been approved by the Director of the Office of Contracts and Grants. Once approved, the action will be system-approved by Contracts and Grants personnel for processing in the subsequent payroll period. Refer to policy information online.

Resource: Additional Guidance on Over 90 Day Redistributions

To check the status of a redistribution that required approval follow these steps:

  • Log in to MyPack Portal.
  • Go to: Human Resources Systems > Commitment Accounting > NCSU Redistributions > Update/Inquiry Redistributions.
  • Enter values for the applicable fields into the query and then and select “Search”.