Uniform Guidance General Info & Resources
Uniform Guidance Affects New Awards Granted after 12-26-2014
In an effort to streamline the administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements of Federal Awards, the Office of Management and Budget undertook a significant revision to regulations that govern Federal grant activities. Specifically, OMB Circulars A-21, A-87, A-110, A-122, A-89, A-102, A-133, and A-50 were revised and combined under one “Uniform Guidance” for the management of Federal Grant Awards.
Uniform Guidance Federal Links
Complete Uniform Guidance Code: 2 CFR Part 200
Comparisons of Circulars and UG requirements
- Cost Principles (PDF) (A-21) NOTE: Refer to 2nd (A-21) & 4th (UG) columns only
- Administrative Requirements (PDF) (A-110) NOTE: Refer to 1st (A-110) & 3rd (UG) columns only
- Audit (PDF) (A-133)
Federal UG FAQ’s
COFAR – opens in new window/tab
Agency Updates, Implementation Guides, and Resources
- The sections marked “Under Development” will be updated as soon as possible. In the meantime, for questions please contact your College or Department staff for further information and email SPARCS or C&G for additional help.
- Additional agency information will be added when available.
- Please e-mail C&G with links to additional agency updates.
NOTE: The following links are dated prior to July 2015
NCSU Training Materials
- UG Training Slides (PDF) – 2 Hour Research Admin Workshops – February, 2015, Updated 2-2-2015
- UG Grid – Post Award Issues (PDF) Comparison of Federal Circular and UG topics, updated 2-2-2015
- UG Subpart E Cost Principles NCSU Training Slides (PDF) – (previously A-21) Updated December 4, 2014
- UG Subpart D Post Award NCSU Training Slides (PDF) (previously A-110) Updated December 4, 2014
- Overview of Pending Uniform Guidance Issues (PDF) from November 18, 2014 RSC Posting
- UG Training Video (for PIs), unity id & login required – launched 9-2-16
- Quick Reference Guide – How to certify a closeout (for PI)
- Quick Reference Guide – How to assign a certifier (for Research Admin)
- Office of Sponsored Programs and regulatory Compliance (SPARCS)
- Office of Contracts and Grants (C&G)