This section contains information related to summer salary from sponsored project funds for 9-month faculty.
- Summer Salary Training Certification: Faculty and Administrator Tutorial Information
FACULTY REQUIREMENT: In accordance with REG 05.58.01, Section 7.4.1, all faculty who will receive summer salary paid in whole or in part from sponsored projects are required to complete training each year provided by the Office of Contracts and Grants on the University’s summer salary regulations and standard operating procedures before receiving payment for the work.
ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF REQUIREMENT: All administrators and processors of summer research pay are required to complete training each year on the University’s summer salary regulations and standard operation procedures as mandated by the Provost in his memo dated March 12, 2013. Training will be provided by the Office of Contracts and Grants.
- Standard Operating Procedures (Revised Feb. 19, 2015) – Summer Salary for 9-Month Faculty from Sponsored Project Funds
- PRR: Additional Compensation Paid Through the University
- Summer Salary Calculation Tool (Excel)
- NOTE: The calculation tool uses 22 days for each month rather than actual because that is the “average” number of working days in any given month. Our Human Resources division suggested this approach to make calculating summer salary more consistent throughout the summer.
- Summer Salary Tool Best Practice Suggestions (Word doc)
- Additional Compensation Application System Instructions (PDF) dated 10-28-14
- Summer Sessions Payments Instructions (PDF) updated 1-28-15
- Supplemental Pay: EPA Earnings Codes (PDF)
- DELTA Instructions (PDF) updated 11-19-14