Uniform Guidance (UG) DISCLAIMER: The following documents provide information on high-impact UG issues and do not represent official policy change implementations by NC State University, the Office of Contracts & Grants, or SPARCS.
- UG Federal Links:
- NCSU Training Materials
- UG Training Slides – 2 Hour Research Admin Workshops – February, 2015, updated 2-2-2015
- UG Grid – Post Award Issues Comparison of Federal Circular and UG topics, updated 2-2-2015
- UG Subpart E Cost Principles (previously A-21) NCSU Training Slides updated December 4, 2014
- UG Subpart D Post Award (previously A-110) NCSU Training Slides updated December 4, 2014
- Overview of Pending Uniform Guidance Issues from November 18, 2014 RSC Posting
- SPARCS Uniform Guidance Page
Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars:
Fly America Act
Fixed Price Accounts
Note: Since this is a “fillable” form, it may not open if your browser settings are not compatible. You may try opening in another browser (including Internet Explorer) or try one of the following sets of instructions to open in your current browser.
- If PDF won’t open in Mozilla Firefox, you’ll probably need to change the default reader for PDF files by following these steps:
- Go to Tools > Options (or Firefox > Options).
- In the Options window, select the Applications tab.
- In the Search field, type PDF. You should find Portable Document Format (PDF).
- On the right hand side you should find an Action column. Use that to select your favorite PDF reader. In order to view PDF files in Firefox, choose Preview in Firefox.
- If PDF won’t open in Google Chrome, take these steps:
- Enter “chrome://plugins/” in the URL address field.
- Scroll down to Chrome PDF Viewer.
- Click “Disable.”
- Refresh the open PDF tab where you got the error message or click the PDF link above to re-load.
University Policies Regs, and Rules (PRRs):
- Cost Sharing General Information, After-the-Fact Cost-Sharing, Quick Reference Guides, and Earning Codes
- Brief C&G Budgeting information including Code Definitions and link to more extensive SPARCS Budgeting Guidelines
Roles + Responsibilities:
Grad Student & Post Doctoral Fellows Medical Insurance Policy:
Direct vs. F&A Rates:
- Determining Direct vs. F&A* Rates *F&A = Facilities & Administrative
- See also SPARCS Indirect Costs Guidelines
- How to Apply the Correct F&A Rate Quick Reference Guide
NSF (National Science Foundation) Policies:
- NSF Institutional Allowance for Sponsored Fellowships (PDF) [December 2011 Contracts & Grants Summary]
- NSF Two-Month Salary Policy:
Closing a Fixed Price Account: